COMMUNITY TO COMMUNITY: POLICY EQUITY FOR ALL
Become a C2C Faculty Affiliate
C2C Faculty Affiliates are Northeastern University faculty and/or researchers who conduct rigorous research and apply practical methods toward finding equitable solutions to local policy problems at one or more cities and regions across the global university system in applied policy areas such as crime, education, health, housing, public health, transportation, urban/regional development, and workforce development. We are particularly interested in faculty affiliates seeking to form research-practice partnerships with city departments, state agencies, and community-based organizations to produce impactful policy-relevant analysis. Scholars whose work advances concerns around racial justice and equity within the above areas of interest are strongly encouraged to apply.
C2C provides a collaborative forum for bringing together scholars and practitioners committed to shaping and implementing socially responsible policies that draw upon data and analysis to inform inter-disciplinary approaches to urban and regional visioning and problem solving. Affiliates are encouraged to think and work collaboratively, to apply rigorous and ethical disciplinary research standards to cross-disciplinary activities, to build upon the public service principles and values of the university, and to bring joy, dedication, and commitment to the work of improving our communities, cities and regions.
As Affiliates, Faculty have the opportunity to:
- Participate in C2C faculty trainings.
- Apply for financial support through C2C seed grant and faculty fellow programs.
- Become connected to an external partner through C2C outreach efforts to develop collaborations that lead to external funding opportunities.
- Serve as paid Principal Investigators or Researchers on projects originated by City to City based on their area of expertise.
- Publish research findings stemming from C2C projects as part of our blog post, policy brief, and/or report series.
In return, Affiliates agree to
- Post their biography with a link to their faculty page on the C2C website
- Attend one meeting each year to provide input into the C2C research agenda and outreach efforts.
- Engage actively with C2C at least once each year such as conducting a research project, participating in an event, writing a blog post, policy brief, or report.
- Completing a simple google form in June of each year to report on related C2C activities.
- Commit to a renewable two-year term
To become a Faculty Affiliate, please apply here:
Apply to become a C2C Faculty Affiliate
The application includes a cover letter and a curriculum vitae.
A one-page cover letter (single-spaced with 12 point font and 1” borders) that includes:
- goals for becoming a faculty affiliate;
- field of expertise (e.g., economics, sociology) and related topics of interest (e.g., affordable housing, criminal justice);
- any experience working with a city department, state agency, or community-based organization (not required);
- an updated curriculum vitae to be posted on the C2C web site.